Halloween did not go quite as planned this year. We traveled to San Diego to spend it with my family (and to go to Tyrone's cousin's wedding in Lake Elsinore on the 1st). On Halloween morning, Brigid and I took Lauren, James and Alexis to Penny's to get their pictures taken in costume - James was Diego, Alexis was a bumblebee and Lauren was a ladybug. All 3 were very cute! BUT... as you can see above, both girls had a meltdown and we were unable to get a good picture of the 3 of them. We even took a 1/2 hour break, but to no avail. The minute we went back into the studio, all bets were off. So, back home we went...
The entire day, Lauren had a total of 1/2 hour in naps, so she was in wonderful shape. And by the evening, she had developed a 101 degree fever, so we had to cancel our trick-or-treat plans and put her to bed. She slept horribly that night and had developed a cold by the next morning. Needless to say, we were all pretty beat up from her lack of sleep - and we still had an all-day event with Tyrone's family to deal with.
The wedding was really nice and it was great to see most of Tyrone's family. Even though she wasn't feeling well, Lauren had a great time running around with her cousin Isabella and dancing up a storm - definitely a social child (hmmm, I wonder who she gets that from???)
Now we're back at home and are having a tough time getting back on schedule. I'm not sure why I'm bothering, since we're going to Hawaii next week and are dealing with a 4 hour time change! (not that I'm complaining...)
No comments:
Post a Comment