Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


This was Tyrone's first Father's Day, and as luck would have it, both Lauren and I were sick! First Lauren came down with a pretty nasty cold and then I started feeling crappy on Thursday... We had planned on going camping for the weekend - something Tyrone has been dying to do since we moved here - but with a sick baby, there was no way we could all go. I pushed Tyrone to go anyway, knowing he'd have a much better time hanging out with his brother and nephews than being at home with a cranky wife and daughter!

By Sunday, both Lauren and I were doing much better. Tyrone was home by late morning, so we went out for lunch... Tyrone's pick (Chinese, of course!)... Lauren had a great time and tried fried rice and wonton soup, both of which she really liked! After making a huge mess (sorry South Garden II!) we went home with full tummies and took a long nap!

Overall, it was a very nice day. We took it pretty easy, but Tyrone still had a great time. He is such a good dad to Lauren and really enjoys being with her. He likes to play with her and knows how to make her laugh - which has quickly become his favorite sound. She loves her daddy right back and give him hugs and kisses to show her affection!

We hope all you fathers out there had as nice a day as we did!


No comments: